Nickel-based alloy is a special kind of stainless steel.
First of all, unlike chemical stainless steel, it is a high-alloy stainless steel containing high nickel, high chromium and high molybdenum. Among them, the steel (254SMO) with 6% Mo is very good. This kind of steel has very good local corrosion resistance. It has good pitting resistance in seawater, gassing, gaps and low speed scouring conditions. ≥40) and good resistance to stress corrosion are substitute materials for nickel-based alloys and titanium alloys.
Secondly, it has excellent high temperature or corrosion resistance in high temperature or corrosion resistance. It is irreplaceable for 304 stainless steel. In addition, from the classification of stainless steel, the metallographic structure of special stainless steel is a stable austenitic metallurgical structure.
Since this special stainless steel is a high-alloy material, it is quite complicated in the manufacturing process. Generally, people can only rely on traditional techniques to manufacture such special stainless steel, such as pouring, forging, calendering and the like.
In many areas, such as:
1. Ocean: marine structures in the sea environment, seawater desalination, marine aquaculture, seawater heat exchange, etc.
2. Environmental protection field: flue gas desulfurization device for thermal power generation, wastewater treatment, etc.
3. Energy field: atomic power generation, comprehensive utilization of coal, and ocean wave power generation.
4. Petrochemical industry: refining, chemical and chemical equipment.
5. Food field: salt making, soy sauce brewing, etc.
In many of the above fields, ordinary stainless steel 304 is incapable. In these special fields, special stainless steel is indispensable and cannot be replaced. In recent years, with the rapid development of the economy, as the level of the industrial field continues to increase, more and more projects require higher grade stainless steel - special stainless steel (super stainless steel, nickel based alloy).
Some representative special stainless steels are:
1. Super stainless steel, that is to say, a special stainless steel containing about 6% molybdenum, there are more than ten kinds of steel in the world. Everyone is also called 6 molybdenum stainless steel. For example, the main component is; 25Ni-23Cr-5.5Mo-0.2N
2.Incoloy series alloy, such as Incoloy800, the main component is: 32Ni-21Cr-Ti, Al
3.Inconel series alloys, such as Inconel600, the main components are: 73Ni-15Cr-Ti, Al
4. Hastelloy, such as Hastelloy C-276, the main component is: 59Ni-15Cr-16Mo-4W
5. Monel, such as Monel 400, the main component is: 65Ni-32Cu
In the above case, if ordinary stainless steel (such as 304) is used instead of special stainless steel, ordinary stainless steel (304) is not suitable for such high temperature or high corrosion environment, the material will corrode immediately or high temperature will occur. Oxidation. Therefore, in many environments that require high temperature and corrosion resistance, special stainless steel is the best choice. If you need other types of nickel-based alloys, please contact us.