In the processing of metal materials, pure titanium has excellent stamping process performance and welding performance, high strength and hardness, and can be stamped into various metal products, which can be widely used in the industry. Many users don't know much about pure titanium. Here is a detailed introduction to the processing and use of pure titanium.
First, the processing of pure titanium
Pure titanium processing should generally be smelted by two vacuums (at least once in a vacuum consumable electrode arc furnace), and the castings are usually produced in a vacuum shell furnace. Industrial pure titanium can withstand both hot and cold processing.
Since titanium absorbs oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen easily when heated, the plasticity is lowered and the performance is deteriorated. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to keeping the atmosphere in the furnace neutral or weakly oxidizing atmosphere during heating, and avoid using a reducing atmosphere as much as possible. Heating with hydrogen is allowed. The processing such as forging, extrusion, rolling, and drawing can be carried out on a usual apparatus, and the temperature of the hot working is in the range of 800 to 900 °C. For cold working, when the cold working rate reaches a certain value (for example, 30% to 60%), intermediate annealing should be performed.
Second, the main use of pure titanium:
1) glasses plate (pure titanium): 0.8-8.0mm;
2) Target plate (pure titanium): 1x2m thickness: 0.5-20mm;
3) Plate for electroplating and other industries (pure titanium): 0.1-50mm;
4) β titanium plate: 0.5-4.0 mm.
Application industry: electronics, chemicals, watches, glasses, jewelry, sporting goods, machinery, electroplating equipment, environmental equipment, golf and precision processing.
Titanium tube specifications: φ6-φ120mm wall thickness: 0.3-3.0mm.
Application industry: environmental protection equipment, cooling tubes, titanium heating tubes, electroplating equipment, rings and various precision electrical tubes.
1) β titanium wire specification: φ0.8-φ6.0mm;
2) Spectacle titanium wire specification: φ1.0-φ6.0mm special titanium wire;
3) Titanium wire specification: φ0.2-φ8.0mm special for hangers.
Application industry: military, medical, sporting goods, glasses, earrings, headwear, plating hangers, welding wire, etc.
4. Titanium rod
1) Square bar specifications: square bars: 8-12mm;
2) Polished round bar: φ4-φ60mm;
3) Hair stick, black leather stick: φ6-φ120mm.
Application industry: mainly used in mechanical equipment, electroplating equipment, medical, various precision parts and so on.